• Serves: Makes one omelet, serves 1-2 people
• Prep time: 15 min.
• Cook time: 15 min.
Per serving: 812.05 calories, 48.94 g protein, 22.60 g carbs, 7.79 g fiber, 60.38 g fat (20.72 g saturated)
• 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup minced white onion
• 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
• 1/2 cup diced ham
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or a Mexican blend cheese, divided
• 1/2 ripe avocado from Mexico pitted, peeled and sliced
In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, onion, bell pepper and ham; sauté this mixture for five minutes until soft. Add tomatoes and black pepper and sauté for one more minute to warm the tomatoes. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and set aside.
Use a paper towel to wipe the pan, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook until the omelet sets, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle the surface with ¼ cup of cheese and the ham and vegetable mixture. Use a spatula to gently fold the omelet in half.
Sprinkle the top of the omelet with the rest of the cheese. Cover the pan and allow omelet to cook for another 30 seconds or until the cheese melts. Place the omelet on a serving plate, top with avocado slices, and serve.