SHRIMP AND SCALLOP
CEVICHE WITH AVOCADO
• Serves: 4 as a salad or 8 as an appetizer
• Prep time: 15 min.
• Cook time: 15 min.
Per serving: 217.74 calories, 15.80 g protein, 9.63 g carbs, 3.07 g fiber, 13.19 g fat (1.86 g saturated)
• 1/2 pound large shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled, deveined, tails removed, and halved
• 1/2 pound sea scallops, quartered
• 1-1/2 cups fresh lime juice (juice from 6-8 limes)
• 1/2 cup white or red onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 ripe avocado from Mexico, peeled, seeded, and diced
• 1 medium red tomato, diced
• 2 tablespoons cilantro or celery leaves, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and veins removed, finely diced (optional)
Combine lime juice, shrimp, scallops and onion in a medium glass bowl. Toss to combine, cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours or until the shrimp and scallops are white in color. Drain the liquid from the shrimp-scallop-onion mixture, but do not rinse.
In a large glass bowl whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, and salt. Add the avocado, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and marinated seafood. Toss gently to combine, and serve immediately.